Sunday, August 14, 2011

Catching Up

Yay! I have missed blogging so much. It is hard to believe it has been 13 days since my last blog! I realize some people neglect their blog by months at a time sometimes, but I'm determined to keep this updated. What is the point in a blog if you only update it every few months? Anyways, it was only appropriate to title this blog "Catching Up".

"Catching Up" Story #1:
So, our dishwasher went out. I'm sure you have dealt with something similar before. A dishwasher's life span is supposed to be approximately 7-10 years. Our dishwasher was a loyal dishwasher for around 30 years. So, it was definitely time for a new one. We tend to not buy things until they fall apart on us, ha! The new dishwasher is wonderful, and I'm so excited about how many dishes it will hold. As a family, there aren't many of us, but we go through so many dishes. I think this is in part because I love cooking so much! I tend to go through pots, pans, cookie sheets, etc. so quickly. So, a reliable dishwasher is so important. You don't realize how valuable something is to you until you don't have it anymore. We learn this lesson so many times with relationships, and I have learned it through my dishwasher. Thank God for dishwashers! Handwashing for the past 2 weeks has been a bit of torture for me!

"Catching Up" Story #2:
I have already written in a previous blog the importance of getting priorities straight and placing a high priority on friendships. This is something that means so much to me, and yet it is so easily neglected. So, this past Thursday, I went back to my hometown. I spent hours with some precious friends from college, and I made some lasting memories. I have some friends who are as close as family, and they are truly lifelong friends. Nothing and no one could ever replace those precious friendships that I have. Every moment with them is so special to me, and I'm beyond thankful to have them in my life. Spending time with them reminded me of how I need to make a strong effort to do things like that more often. Don't let the craziness of life cloud your view on the importance of spending time with those close to you.

"Catching Up" Story #3:
School officially starts back tomorrow. I have been a little down because for the first time I'm not at school. I am not teaching this school year, and I can already tell it is going to be difficult. I think teachers can very quickly get burned out though, and we all need a break every once in a while. So, I'm thankful for the time I'm going to have to be a better wife, have a clean house (yay!), volunteer more heavily into various ministries, build strong friendships, etc. I know God has a special plan for me over this school year, and I am so excited about following His lead. 

"Catching Up" Story #4:
To celebrate the start of a new school year, I have made my own little resolution. Tomorrow starts a new me, and I'm very determined. I am wanting to get into shape and be the size I was when I was in college. This is not going to be an easy task by any means, but I'm excited about it. Starting in the morning, I am going to the park to walk. I think it will allow me to start my day off right. What better way to start a day than to be walking through nature praising God each morning? I know it takes baby steps. So, this is my baby step #1. If I can conquer this one, then the other baby steps will seem much easier. I'm not a morning person. I am a night owl by nature. So, this baby step #1 could take me a while, ha! Be praying!

That should be all the catching up I need to do for now. I'm excited about what all God is teaching me right now. I have faced many challenges recently, but God has held me in His arms every step of the way. For that, I am so thankful. I am blessed to have a Father who is always holding me and leading me into the perfect direction.






No comments:

Post a Comment