Saturday, July 30, 2011

Priorities, Friends, and Bible Reading!

Yesterday I talked with a dear friend of mine from long ago. I had not talked with this friend in a few years, and it is someone I would consider to be one of the best of the best! God has really been doing a work in me, and I just don't feel like he ever intended for our lives to be as hectic as they are! I began realizing that the order that I wanted my priorities in and the order they were actually in were quite different! Don't get me wrong. Being involved in church activities is not a bad thing, but there is also supposed to be a balance. I have found that I am so involved in other things that family and close friends are sometimes pushed to the side, or if I am really good, they are squeezed in to an already overflowing schedule. So, it's time to sit back, and reevaluate my priorities list and slow down!

Jonathan and I went on a double date with our next door neighbors last night to see the movie, Captain America. It was a good movie, and I'm really excited about what movie is coming next that they hinted at in the end of the movie. Then, we went to Outback to eat - YUM! It was a much needed night out. We haven't done that in a LONG time! I vote on doing that more often for sure. It's so healthy! :)

After our double date, we headed to church to stay up all night with the Bible Reading Marathon. We started reading at midnight, and we left around 4:30 this morning. It was a wonderful experience being up in the middle of the night listening to God's Word. Even more precious was the fact that 2 of our students showed up at 3 this morning to read with us. Hearing students read from Scripture is such an amazing thing. I was so blessed by that! The Bible Reading Marathon should end sometime tonight. We are already in the middle of the New Testament at this point. Last time the church did the Bible Reading Marathon, it took 77 hours. We are at 69 hours now. So, it won't be long!

2 comments:

  1. We'd definitely like to see y'all the next time we are up that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when ya'll will be coming up this way next, and we will definitely plan on it. We can have a cookout at our house! We would love it!

    ReplyDelete