Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How About The Weather?

The weather is AMAZING! I went for my walk in the park this morning, and oh my goodness at how incredible it felt. It is around 70 degrees here, and a quick reminder to all of you.........it's AUGUST in Alabama! Where is the sweltering heat? Anyways, no complaining here! I'm planning on holding onto this weather for as long as possible!

Today I'm getting my coupons and shopping lists together. Jonathan and I are going to go to Huntsville tonight, and we are going to get some groceries. I know that sounds boring, but I love the time with my husband. The fact that I have a husband who will actually go grocery shopping with me is such a blessing! I think we are going to go to Target and get some pillows too. Target is running a great sale on pillows, and the ones on our bed are embarrassing. What's the point in having a pillow if it is going to be flat? Needless to say, we are past due on pillow buying.

With the craziness of our lives, Jonathan and I have seen each other in passing while we have been sprinting to the next event. So, with that said, we need to get away. We can never be gone long, but long enough to breathe the same air is good for me! So, we are going to Nashville this weekend. We are going to stay at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. If you have never been there, you just need to click on the link to check out the pictures. The place is beautiful! It is a little retreat away from home. The plan is to do nothing! HA! We are going to try to just relax and forget about the craziness of life for at least 36 hours. I also have friends in the area. So, we will try and make a visit while we are in town. I'm very excited!





1 comment:

  1. Don't knock date night groceries! LOL That has become mine and Joey's Friday night ritual. I know it's not a lot, but I love that time together. We usually just grab something from the deli and have dinner at home, I guess being 30 minutes away from the grocery store is a blessing too because those car rides give us lots of time to talk and laugh. I am glad Jonathan goes grocery shopping with you too. I had no idea it was such a rarity until I started talking to some of the women at work who said their husbands refused to go with them. I love sharing that responsibility, I love having the company!

    I hope ya'll have a great getaway!! Have a safe and wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete